giropay Accepted Online Casinos
Giropay is an Internet payment system based in Germany, with a foundation in online banking. Introduced in February of 2006, Giropay (similar to other online payment solutions such as iDeal) allows customers to buy securely on the Internet using direct online transfers from their bank account. On an online casino’s deposit page, the player needs to choose Giropay as the payment method. Once they’ve been redirected to their chosen bank, the player fills in the bank’s online transaction form and then authorizes the payment with the TAN-code. The bank will then send the chosen amount to the casino, and the funds are instantly accessible on the casino account.
Withdrawing funds from the casino account follows the same procedure, and normally the requested amount to be paid out is instantly available on the personal bank account of the player in question. Giropay operates in Germany, the Netherlands, and Austria.
Reasons to Choose Giropay:
- Safety: Giropay is a completely safe and secure payment method.
- Timeframe: Payments are carried out instantly.
- Convenience: There is no requirement to register at a third party, as the player uses his or her regular internet banking account.
- Anonymity: The payments made by Giropay are anonymous, given that no sensitive data about the depositor is ever exchanged with the casino.
Disadvantages of Giropay:
- Transaction Fee: The biggest disadvantage of Giropay is the transaction fee that is charged. These fees differ per bank but typically range between 0.9% and 1.2%, as well as a €0.08 charge per transaction.
- Availability: Giropay is only available for German and Austrian players, although the German and Austrian affiliated banks are striving to expand the possibilities to use the system for transactional payments as well.
On CasinosLists.com’s dedicated Giropay Casinos page, there are 338 casinos listed, 11 of which are available in United States. The search tools available to help you discover the best casinos and the recently launched online casinos include the ability to filter the list, either by Newest or Top Rated, as well as easy-to-read, graphical pieces of information about the various bonuses offered.